Sunday, November 20, 2016

If We Were Having Coffee ...

Happy Sunday!

I found the hashtag #ifwewerehavingcoffee and love the concept of each weekend crafting a blog post that is made up of what I'd tell my readers (do I have readers?) if we sat down to have coffee together.

Coffee does seem to be on my mind quite a bit. I just told my husband yesterday that the next place we live needs to have a Starbucks.
To add to that a  french press is on my Christmas wish list.

I live in a tiny town that could called a suburb as it is equal distance from it to 3 cities and the largest town in America is a 1/2 hour drive. Many would consider it the FAR suburbs. The population is approximately 6,000 and there is one stop light.
I really do love my tiny town but will be ready to live somewhere a bit more happening once my kids are out of school. Hence the Starbucks conversation with the hubs.

The Thanksgiving prep is not too stressful. We've kind of got it down to a science having hosted so many times. I am looking forward to the day. As a family (minus my oldest who will spend the holiday with her dad) we are doing a 5K in the morning,  the Gobble Wobble.
I am looking forward to having a fire in the fireplace and having an awesome meal after that.

I'm spending a lot of time thinking about and planning for the upcoming Christmas holiday and am going to shake things up a little and put the Christmas tree in the dining room. We are planning a big Christmas Eve celebration that follows the traditions my husband grew up with.
Hanging out in our big dining room will be fun and I'm going to decorate the tree with sea shells and starfish to change things up a bit.

I picked up a really cool furniture piece this past week from Facebook Marketplace. It looks great in my foyer (I think) and will be fun to decorate for Christmas. It was made from an old door, posts from a bed for the legs and is perfect for keys, etc. This is just the kind of project I wish I had the time (and talent) for.
The woman who made it has a workshop set up at her house and as she put it "plays" all day creating interesting things.

It's been a busy weekend with my daughter playing in a basketball tournament and having friends over. My son doing a college visit and my mom popping by for a quick visit.

What have you been up to this week? What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Thanks for having coffee with me and stay tuned for more from My Middleton Chronicles.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment