Friday, November 4, 2016

A Lot Can Happen In A Month - Holiday Prep

My childhood dresser turned buffet for dining room.
My theme these days is 'a lot can happen in a month' That includes getting ready for a favorite holiday. I spent some time on Pinterest and I am getting in the mood to be creative. Holiday prep is full of chores but it's also really fun to plan a great menu and decorate.

Last year at this time I embarked on a 21 Day De-Clutter which you can read about here
http://mymiddletonchronicles.blogspot.com/2015/1121daystolessclutter

It is less than 3 weeks until the bird goes in the oven and at my house we've decided that this year it will be turkey and duck on the big day. The carpet cleaner comes on Monday and I've made a list of areas I'd like to decorate.

I really like to switch gears from Thanksgiving to Christmas pretty quickly so I am thinking candles, a few white (or maybe gold) pumpkins, some greenery and berries. I can switch out pumpkins for snowmen and take away the fall berries and replace with winter berries and make the change over from one holiday to the next without spending  a fortune.

There are some cool DIY kitchen and bathroom accessories I'd like to give a try too. We'll see if I get that far.

I'll post some pictures here as the month moves along. For now I'll share the buffet in my dining room.

It's a favorite for a couple of reasons. The #1 reason it's a fav is that it is the dresser from my childhood bedroom. The dresser and glass were things I was handed down, add the table cloth from Christmas Tree Shop and just like that it's a buffet. I've been thinking about putting distressed, painted shutters on either side of the picture that hangs over it. It would be a get your hands dirty project to paint them and I think it would add some depth.

Stay tuned for more from My Middleton Chronicles.
Wendy



2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you are so organized! And motivated! Feel free to share those traits with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am far from organized,and far from decluttered. We won't worry about either Thanksgiving for a while longer. Too many other things in our lives going on- clutters our minds, too. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete