Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Fun - Powerball Win Good Luck or Bad Luck?

I found a penny this morning but it was not heads up so I guess today is not my lucky day. Is tomorrow? The Powerball lottery jackpot is said to be over 700 million dollars and the winning ticket will be chosen tomorrow. Would it be lucky to win such an amount?

USA Today sums up the facts and the most interesting part of the article to me was that the winnings would be more than the GDP of some tiny nations in the Pacific. And some tiny nations in the Atlantic. In some cases 3 times as much. That's a lot of dough!

If you were a watcher of the hit TV series Lost you'll remember that the lovable character Hugo had a huge lottery win that brought him nothing but bad luck, including the plane crash that landed him on a deserted island. Leading up to the crash and after his lottery win poor Hurley experienced only bad luck, death and destruction. The numbers on Hurley's lottery ticket are a big part of the show and I have to wonder - has anyone played those numbers in this lottery? Would that be a good idea or no?

Still, it's kind of fun to think about what you would do with such a large sum of money. It's fun to dream. Car, house, boat, trips ... I need to get creative!

What would you do with a big win?

As it says on the penny I found 'In God We Trust'. If I am lucky enough to be the winner I'll do all I can to make it a lucky event. To the eventual winner (because according to all accounts the odds are that it is not me)  I say congratulations. My hope for you is that the win proves to be good luck.

Now to go buy my ticket because you can't win if you don't play.

My best, Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Since there was no powerball winner the jackpot will be even bigger this week! The unanimous response to my post on social media was that it for sure would be good luck to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't play but I sure will tomorrow. This is the biggest jackpot that I can remember.

    ReplyDelete