Sunday, January 10, 2016

Back to Work People, No Winner Yet

Easing in to things while developing good habits is for me the way to go. As everyone seemed to be rushing back to the gym I knew I needed to take the week to get back in the work/school routine.
The added pressure of getting to the gym would have been too much, I know that much about myself. That said, now it's time.

There was no Powerball winner so my question about whether it would be good luck or bad is a mute one for now. My challenge for this week for finding balance is to get some exercise squeezed in three times. A balanced life includes physical activity.

I will do a tried and true class at the Y that I know I love, yoga. Stepping out of my comfort zone I am going to try a class I have never tried, spinning. It is said that when it comes to fitness once you find what you love to do you will make time for it and it won't be hard to stick with it. Will spin be something I love?



"The worst enemy to creativity is self doubt." -Sylvia Plath

Although I've used my treadmill far more in the last 3 months than I have the whole time I have owned the contraption it is getting boring. The Sylvia Plath quote spoke to me in a couple of ways. Getting creative with my exercize is a must and trying something in spite of my self doubt fits the bill when it comes to challenging myself.

Are you a spinner? Do you love it?
To be quite truthful I have been afraid to try a spin class. My feeling has always been that it will be too hard. Seeing those spinners sweating thier a** off for an hour is just plain intimidating.

I'm not the type that will worry about it all week, which is good. I'm just too busy for that. Wish me luck! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes here. Are you stepping out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself in the new year? I'd love to hear about it if you are. Let's cheer each other on.

Best, Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment