Friday, January 15, 2016

Balance

We are halfway through the month of January. How's everyone doing with resolutions and the challenges that were set out at the start of the year? It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through January.

For me my challenges have been well - challenging. That said the concept of balance has come to the forefront of my thinking. The highs and lows of life, mostly the lows and the blows, can knock you off balance.

Each day trying to find that place of balance is a test but a test that is worth taking. When things are good it is the time to work at the things in your life you wish to work at because it can help give you strength during the challenging times. Does that make sense?

Shifting and adjusting instead of giving up is the way to persevere. Did anything pop up this week to take you off of your game or your plan? I know things did for me and I am shifting and adjusting but not giving up. A very small example is the dreaded spin class that I am going to make myself take. I say that with my tongue in my cheek because taking a spin class is something I've been wanting to do for a while.
My schedule got thrown off this week by a few unexpected things that came up (as they always do right?) and that spin class did not fit in the mix. But I am going. There is a class tomorrow morning at 7 am and unless something really extraordinary or out of the blue happens (struck by lightning type of event) I won't have much excuse, if any to not go.

Have a great weekend!

My best, Wendy


2 comments:

  1. Great post, for me I am still on track with my list. Work is just getting in the way a bit, but I am determine not to let it interfere with my plans. Keep pushing you will work it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will & I appreciate you reading and commenting.

      Delete