Tuesday, October 25, 2016

In Search of Bittersweet

I love this time of year and one of the things I like to do is cut bittersweet and use it to decorate inside. Some years there's lots of it and other years it is hard to find.
One fall when my son, who is now 18, was little maybe 4 or 5 we went in search of bittersweet. He couldn't quite say it right turning the t's in to r's. "Birrsweet"
It's a really nice memory I have of time spent with him. That year was one of the years that the pretty fall colored vines were hard to find so we had quite a long search excursion in the woods behind our house.

For a long time I've wanted to find a book club and things have stood in the way of that. Available time to hang out and talk about a book being the biggest stumbling block.
There's a great online program (it's also an app) called Meetup and I found a book group that seems to fit my schedule. The group read a David Sedaris book this month and I finished it last night, just in time for tomorrow nights get together. Sedaris writes a lot about his family and is laugh out loud funny. One of the things I found most humorous was how his family doesn't like to tell him things for fear that they will become part of the content of one of his books.

Knowing that I won't say much more except Happy Fall Ya'll. Hope you find some pretty bittersweet or whatever it is that makes you happy this time of year. I know I am in search of it.

Stay tuned for more from My Middleton Chronicles, Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment