Monday, September 4, 2017

Bedroom Re-Do on a Budget

Knobs for platform bed drawers
Fall is always a time of new beginnings. With a son going off to college and a daughter starting high school there is lots going on in my house.

I find that throwing myself in to a creative project is really helpful when it comes to managing stress.  Sitting on the couch watching The Real Housewives and drinking wine is fun but gets a little old after a while.

 My high schooler has been pinning on Pinterest her ideas for a bedroom re-do and we'll be tacklin it on a budget because of the brother going off to college thing. (read bills, bills, bills)

She loves the IKEA Malm collection and I've been searching online yard sale sites, ebay, craigslist, etc to try to find the pieces she is interested in. We also need to paint her bed. It's a green color that was popular about 10 years ago. It's a really solid platform bed with nice, deep drawers. Once we paint it a glossy white and add new knobs it will look great.

IKEA Dressing Table
So once the painting is done hopefully I'll have found the dressing table, a 6 drawer dresser and a couple of mirrors and lamps that will round out the look. I could go to the IKEA store and pick up the needed items but with Allston Christmas going on as new college students move in and out I figured I could score a bargain and avoid the dreaded IKEA assembly process. No luck yet but I'm not giving up.


I'm also thinking about how to plant some succulents in tiny, pretty containers. I've got a used up candle that I think will work nicely.
Where do you get succulents? I'll need to find out. I've never had much of a green thumb but this summer I had some success with my plants and with tomatoes so I'm feeling like a doing more of it.






Speaking of my daughter ... I just got a saved pin from her Pinterest page as I was writing this ...



Have ideas for decorating on a budget? I'd love to hear them!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment