Friday, September 8, 2017

Every Day I'm Hustling

The song that never gets old

To get ahead, to stay ahead, to be engaged, to stay engaged takes hustle. I can think of a few other things that go in to the equation when it comes to loving your work. What those things are depend on what you enjoy and they type of person you are. For me I need the thrill of the hustle, the enthusiasm of working on something I love, autonomy to approach things my way and some accountability thrown in so I don't succumb to procrastination that can sometimes be in my nature.

One thing I learned over this past year is that no matter how much you love what you do there can be external influences that take the wind out of your proverbial sails. This is a condition that can sometimes be overcome and sometimes they are out of your control.

Sales (my chosen profession) is very rarely smooth sailing. The choppy waters that need to be navigated is part of the fun. 

There is a huge need to keep a positive mindset and a focus on problem solving to get to the closing. That is one of the big reasons I have spent time collecting my favorite quotes, which I publish here each Monday to start the week off right.

The last part of the hustle equation is energy. Positive thinking helps tremendously when it comes to the energy needed to hustle. It's hard to hustle when you are feeling down. It is hard to hustle when you see the glass as half empty instead of half full. 

The quote you see below is from a guy I admire who has a podcast I started listening to: Side Hustle School. He's also got a book coming out and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Real estate, the type of sales I work in, is often a side hustle. Many agents do real estate full time but it is the second source of income in their household. I'd like to see it become more than that for those who aspire to that.

Do you have a side hustle? It would be great to hear about it. And so would Chris at sidehustleschool.com
Listening to the successes on his podcast or in his book might just give you the courage to take the leap and turn your side hustle in to your main source of income.









No comments:

Post a Comment